Jimi Agbaje: Setting the Records Straight
As the PDP is on the path of restoring the hope of Nigerians towards setting us back on the track of nation building, the true test lies in the ability of the party delegates to elect a Chairman that can act as a face of hope and change to the old system
Only one man has rattled the APC camp and has caused panic among its party loyalists simply because he can’t be labelled as being corrupt, neither can he be intimidated with DSS arrest or distracted with EFCC trials. That man is Olujimi Kolawole Agbaje.
Knowing fully well how his integrity, intelligence and passion for a better Nigeria has earned him a lot of goodwill across party lines, attempts have been made towards discrediting him by claiming he is not vocal but only visible during elections.
It has now become imperative for me to set the record straight.
Jimi Agbaje has always been a man who pursues his aspirations strategically with decorum and not blaring horns before he strikes. But that doesn’t take away the fact that he has worked behind the scenes to ensure that the PDP that was deserted is still standing today.
Below are some of his contributions to the party after the 2015 General Elections:
1. He worked as a member of the Strategy Review and Inter-Party Affairs Committee inaugurated in 2016 under the chairmanship of Prof Jerry Gana. This committee submitted a document which provided for the establishment of the youth and women’s wing of the PDP. I would take about the Youth conference we would be having later.
2. Jimi Agbaje was a key participant in the PDP National Conference which held on November, 2015 where Party Leaders and Stakeholders like Prof. ABC Nwosu, Amb. Mrs. Nkoyo Toyo, Kabiru Tanimu Turaki. SAN, Prof. Dakas J Dakas convened to reflect on the future of the party with a view to providing better options for the Nigerian electorate among other issues raised.
3. He was also a member of the National Electoral Committee for PDP, Edo State Gubernatorial Election Primaries which produced Ize Iyamu amidst party scandals
4. He was a member of the National Convention Planning Committee which held at Port Harcourt in August, 2016 which had in attendance Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, Former Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Idris, and Senator Ben Obi. He was also a member of the National Convention Planning Committee that previously held at Port Harcourt in May, 2016.
5. Furthermore, he was also a member of the 2017 National Non-Elective Convention Planning Committee which extended the tenure of the National Caretaker Committee by 4 months. It had in attendance: PDP Chairman NCC, Senator Ahmed Makarfi; former President, Goodluck Jonathan; former VP Namadi Sambo; NCC Secretary, Ben Obi
From those few points, It is evident that Jimi Agbaje, being a servant leader has been vocal behind the scenes in ensuring that Nigeria has an opposition party.
I therefore implore you all to rally your base and support for a man who represents a break from the norm
Leadership is not just some empty formulas but establishing deep connection at soul levels through service, integrity, passion, perseverance
Let’s R.U.N Together
JK is Ok